Hi everyone! I wanted to share some of the amazing book report mobiles I received today from my talented students! My students were able to choose their own books, so they were super excited to share their books with the class. The students (and myself) walked away with a nice long list of books to read in the future!
Some of my students also decorated a t-shirt about their books. LOVE IT!
This project was great for my students because it required the basic supplies they already have at home. Most of our students can’t really afford to go out and buy supplies for projects, but they ALL had hangers. I also left my classroom open in the mornings before school so that students could come in and use art supplies if they didn’t have any at home.
- A hanger
- Ribbon, string, or thick thread
- Hole punch, scissors, or table for attaching the string
- Notecards or card stock
- Art Supplies: Markers, crayons, glitter, etc.
Book Report Project
- Read a chapter book at your grade level.
- Take notes as you read on theme, setting, plot, and characters.
- Create a book mobile.
- Share your mobile with the class.
- Illustrate and describe 2-3 characters.
- Draw a picture of the setting.
- Write a summary of the beginning, middle, and end of the book.
- Write the title, author, and your name in the middle of the project.