Everything you need to practice area and perimeter can be found inside of this set of 3rd grade math centers. There are 10 different area and perimeter centers included in this set covering counting squares to find area, calculating area by multiplying, finding missing side lengths, area word problems, and more.
Along with 10 engaging math centers, this set also includes a teacher guide that walks you through prepping each center, storing your centers, and implementing the centers.
There are 5 different types of activities included in this set of centers. Each activity includes 2 different centers. Check out the included preview to see an example of each of the math activities below.
- Task Cards
- Board Games
- Error Analysis
- Secret Picture
- Square Puzzles
How to Use These Math Centers:
- Each math center has an answer sheet that can be turned in and graded for student accountability.
- The centers can be reused over and over again. Just prep them once and use them for years to come!
- If you prefer, you can also create single-use centers with the included black and white, printable options.
- The teacher guide includes a printable packet cover page that you can use if you prefer to create weekly math center work packets for your students.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.MD.C.5: Recognize area as an attribute of plane figures and understand concepts of area measurement.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.MD.C.6: Measure areas by counting unit squares (square cm, square m, square in, square ft, and improvised units).
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.MD.C.7: Relate area to the operations of multiplication and addition.
- CSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.MD.D.8: Solve real world and mathematical problems involving perimeters of polygons, including finding the perimeter given the side lengths, finding an unknown side length, and exhibiting rectangles with the same perimeter and different areas or with the same area and different perimeters.
About the Download:
All of the centers are included in one ZIP download. After unzipping this resource, you will see 6 PDFs: the teacher guide, the task card centers, the board game centers, the error analysis centers, the secret picture centers, and the square puzzle centers. All of the teacher instructions can be found inside of the teacher guide. You will find everything you need for each center inside of the corresponding PDFs.