Everything you need to practice measurement can be found inside of this set of 3rd grade math centers. There are 10 different measurement centers included in this set covering estimating measurements, understanding smaller and larger units of measurement, measurement word problems, measuring to the nearest half inch and nearest quarter inch, and more.
Along with 10 engaging math centers, this set also includes a teacher guide that walks you through prepping each center, storing your centers, and implementing the centers.
There are 5 different types of activities included in this set of centers. Each activity includes 2 different centers. Check out the included preview to see an example of each of the math activities below.
- Task Cards
- Board Games
- Error Analysis
- Secret Picture
- Square Puzzles
How to Use These Math Centers:
- Each math center has an answer sheet that can be turned in and graded for student accountability.
- The centers can be reused over and over again. Just prep them once and use them for years to come!
- If you prefer, you can also create single-use centers with the included black and white, printable options.
- The teacher guide includes a printable packet cover page that you can use if you prefer to create weekly math center work packets for your students.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.MD.A.2: Measure and estimate liquid volumes and masses of objects using standard units of grams (g), kilograms (kg), and liters (l).1 Add, subtract, multiply, or divide to solve one-step word problems involving masses or volumes that are given in the same units, e.g., by using drawings (such as a beaker with a measurement scale) to represent the problem.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.3.MD.B.4: Generate measurement data by measuring lengths using rulers marked with halves and fourths of an inch. Show the data by making a line plot, where the horizontal scale is marked off in appropriate units— whole numbers, halves, or quarters.
About the Download:
All of the centers are included in one ZIP download. After unzipping this resource, you will see 6 PDFs: the teacher guide, the task card centers, the board game centers, the error analysis centers, the secret picture centers, and the square puzzle centers. All of the teacher instructions can be found inside of the teacher guide. You will find everything you need for each center inside of the corresponding PDFs.