Everything you need to practice and reteach geometry can be found inside of this set of 5th grade math centers. There are 10 different geometry centers included in this set.
Along with 10 engaging math centers, this set also includes a teacher guide that walks you through prepping each center, storing your centers, and implementing the centers.
There are 5 different types of activities included in this set of centers. Each activity includes 2 different centers. Check out the included preview to see an example of each of the math activities below.
- Task Cards: identify quadrilaterals and triangles; classify shapes by angles and sides
- Board Games: classify shapes and angles; estimate the measurements of angles
- Error Analysis: determine if geometry statements are true; identify relationships between shapes
- Secret Picture: classify shapes and angles; match shapes with their attributes
- Application: classify shapes and sort them based on their properties; draw geometric elements
How to Use These Math Centers:
- Each math center has an answer sheet that can be turned in and graded for student accountability.
- The centers can be reused over and over again. Just prep them once and use them for years to come!
- If you prefer, you can also create single-use centers with the included black and white, printable options.
- The teacher guide includes a printable packet cover page that you can use if you prefer to create weekly math center work packets for your students.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.G.B.2: Classify two-dimensional figures into categories based on their properties.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.G.B.3: Understand that attributes belonging to a category of two-dimensional figures also belong to all subcategories of that category. For example, all rectangles have four right angles and squares are rectangles, so all squares have four right angles.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.G.B.4: Classify two-dimensional figures in a hierarchy based on properties.
About the Download:
All of the centers are included in one ZIP download. After unzipping this resource, you will see 6 PDFs: the teacher guide, the task card centers, the board game centers, the error analysis centers, the secret picture centers, and the square puzzle centers. All of the teacher instructions can be found inside of the teacher guide. You will find everything you need for each center inside of the corresponding PDFs.