Everything you need to practice and reteach place value can be found inside of this set of 5th grade math centers. There are 10 different place value centers included in this set.
Along with 10 engaging math centers, this set also includes a teacher guide that walks you through prepping each center, storing your centers, and implementing the centers.
There are 5 different types of activities included in this set of centers. Each activity includes 2 different centers. Check out the included preview to see an example of each of the math activities below.
- Task Cards: decimal models, word form/standard form
- Board Games: expanded form/standard form, comparing decimals
- Error Analysis: rounding decimals, comparing decimals
- Secret Picture: rounding decimals
- Square Puzzles: expanded form/standard form, word form/standard form
How to Use These Math Centers:
- Each math center has an answer sheet that can be turned in and graded for student accountability.
- The centers can be reused over and over again. Just prep them once and use them for years to come!
- If you prefer, you can also create single-use centers with the included black and white, printable options.
- The teacher guide includes a printable packet cover page that you can use if you prefer to create weekly math center work packets for your students.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.NBT.A.3: Read, write, and compare decimals to thousandths.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.NBT.A.3.A: Read and write decimals to thousandths using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form, e.g., 347.392 = 3 × 100 + 4 × 10 + 7 × 1 + 3 × (1/10) + 9 × (1/100) + 2 × (1/1000).
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.NBT.A.3.B: Compare two decimals to thousandths based on meanings of the digits in each place, using >, =, and < symbols to record the results of comparisons.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.NBT.A.4: Use place value understanding to round decimals to any place.
About the Download:
All of the centers are included in one ZIP download. After unzipping this resource, you will see 6 PDFs: the teacher guide, the task card centers, the board game centers, the error analysis centers, the secret picture centers, and the square puzzle centers. All of the teacher instructions can be found inside of the teacher guide. You will find everything you need for each center inside of the corresponding PDFs.