Everything you need to practice and reteach graphing can be found inside of this set of 5th grade math centers. There are 10 different graphing centers included in this set.
Along with 10 engaging math centers, this set also includes a teacher guide that walks you through prepping each center, storing your centers, and implementing the centers.
There are 5 different types of activities included in this set of centers. Each activity includes 2 different centers. Check out the included preview to see an example of each of the math activities below.
- Task Cards: graph points on a coordinate plane
- Board Games: graph and interpret points on a coordinate plane
- Error Analysis: determine whether a point is graphed accurately
- Secret Picture: graph and interpret points on a coordinate plane
- Application: demonstrate understanding of coordinate planes by graphing data from word problems and forming shapes on a plane
How to Use These Math Centers:
- Each math center has an answer sheet that can be turned in and graded for student accountability.
- The centers can be reused over and over again. Just prep them once and use them for years to come!
- If you prefer, you can also create single-use centers with the included black and white, printable options.
- The teacher guide includes a printable packet cover page that you can use if you prefer to create weekly math center work packets for your students.
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.G.A.1: Use a pair of perpendicular number lines, called axes, to define a coordinate system, with the intersection of the lines (the origin) arranged to coincide with the 0 on each line and a given point in the plane located by using an ordered pair of numbers, called its coordinates. Understand that the first number indicates how far to travel from the origin in the direction of one axis, and the second number indicates how far to travel in the direction of the second axis, with the convention that the names of the two axes and the coordinates correspond (e.g., x-axis and x-coordinate, y-axis and y-coordinate).
- CCSS.MATH.CONTENT.5.G.A.2: Represent real world and mathematical problems by graphing points in the first quadrant of the coordinate plane, and interpret coordinate values of points in the context of the situation.
About the Download:
All of the centers are included in one ZIP download. After unzipping this resource, you will see 6 PDFs: the teacher guide, the task card centers, the board game centers, the error analysis centers, the secret picture centers, and the square puzzle centers. All of the teacher instructions can be found inside of the teacher guide. You will find everything you need for each center inside of the corresponding PDFs.