This is a complete set of monthly literacy centers for 2nd-5th grade. These monthly ELA centers are curated based off of common themes and grade-level standards and balanced by informational and literature standards. Everything you need for a full month of centers is included in this huge, comprehensive resource.
These centers are designed to be used with 2nd-5th grade students.
- Most centers are easily adapted to meet the expectations of your students’ grade level. For example, you might only require students to use one page of the research center and provide the research text for them with younger students while you might have older students find their own research and fill in all pages.
- Centers requiring specific skills are broken up into a 2nd/3rd grade option and a 4th/5th grade option so that you can use the resource that best fits the needs of your students.
ELA Skills Included in This Set:
- Compare and Contrast
- Determining Theme
- Context Clues
- Story Elements and Structure
- Explanatory Writing
- Research Diorama
- Reading Comprehension
Literacy Centers Included:
- 4 reading centers
Note: Reading centers #3 and #4 have two options (2nd/3rd and 4th/5th).
- 4 writing centers
- 1 reading comprehension center
- W1: Visual Prompts
- W2: Response to Literature Question Cards
- W3: Task Cards
- W4: Research Projects
Independent Work Reading Centers:
- R1: Reading Games
- R2: Task Cards
- R3: Foundational Skills
- R4: Color-by-Code Activities
Reading Comprehension Centers:
- RC1: Reading Comprehension Graphic Organizers
About the Download:
All of the centers are included in one PDF download. Each center resource is divided by a title page. Teacher directions and an answer key are provided for each center. The teacher directions can be found following the title page. The answer keys can be found at the end of each center activity.