This resource prepares students for writing a text-dependent narrative and is designed to meet the expectations of various state writing tests.
Throughout this engaging writing unit, students will read a text and plan a narrative story based on the text(s), incorporating details and information from the text(s) into their own writing.
Included in this resource:
- Teacher guide
- RAFT response acronym
- Narrative transitions bookmark
- Text annotation bookmark
- Rules of dialogue scaffold
- Text-based narrative writing checklist
- Prompt analysis checklist
- Engaging texts
- Brainstorming and planning graphic organizers
- Publishing pages
This resource includes two complete text-based narrative writing tasks.