This 3-week project-based learning (science-focused) research-based unit is the perfect way to teach reading, writing, research skills, and science in one engaging, real-world unit. Your students will use key standards, such as research, reading comprehension, and graphing in a real-life scenario. The best part about PBL is that student choice and differentiation are built in!
Driving Question: How can I communicate information on typical weather conditions with people in the community?
NGSS Standards Covered:
- 3-ESS2-1: Represent data in tables and graphical displays to describe typical weather conditions expected during a particular season.
- 3-ESS2-2: Obtain and combine information to describe climates in different regions of the world.
Students are challenged to research a city or landmark of their choosing and present data on the typical weather conditions in the area. The students will then come up with a way to share their information with people in the community who would benefit from knowing about the weather and climate.
Banish those boring worksheets and get your students excited about real life learning! This 3-week project covers the following skills:
- Reading Comprehension
- Opinion Writing
- Design & Creativity
- Critical Thinking
- Data Displays
Included in this Resource:
- Lesson Outline
- Sample Pacing
- Teacher Guide with Lesson Plans
- Scaffolded Research Notes
- Graphing Instruction & Overview
- Rubric & Sample Answers
Plus, a BONUS digital version is included as well!