This 3-week project-based learning (science-focused) research-based unit is the perfect way to teach reading, writing, research skills, and the scientific method in one engaging, real-world unit. Your students will use key standards, such as research, reading comprehension, and inquiry in a real-life scenario based on energy conversions. The best part about PBL is that student choice and differentiation are built in!
Driving Question: How can I design an experiment for my class to test a device that converts energy from one form to another?
NGSS Standards Covered:
- NGSS.4-PS3-2: Make observations to provide evidence that energy can be transferred from place to place by sound, light, heat, and electric currents.
- NGSS.4-PS3-4: Apply scientific ideas to design, test, and refine a device that converts energy from one form to another.
Students are challenged to design an experiment using the scientific method to test a device that can convert energy from one form to another.
Banish those boring worksheets and get your students excited about real life learning! This 3-week project covers the following skills:
- Reading Comprehension
- Report Writing
- Design & Creativity
- Critical Thinking
Included in this Resource:
- Lesson Outline
- Sample Pacing
- Teacher Guide with Lesson Plans
- Scaffolded Research Notes
- Graphing Instruction & Overview
- Rubric & Sample Answers
Plus, a BONUS digital version is included as well!