This product is a blend of lesson plan & interactive Reading Notebook. Each interactive page is paired with a mentor text to use with that lesson and a blank template in case you want to choose a different book to use. It’s aligned with Common Core State Standards and includes a lesson for each of the Informational standards. Please preview to see what is included with each lesson.
Informational Standards Covered
- informational text featurest
- ext-based evidence
- main idea and details
- making connections
- context clues
- text structure
- point of view
- author’s viewpoint
- reference sources
- conducting research
Mentor Text Used
- Lives of the Scientists: Isaac Newton by Kathleen Krull & Kathryn Hewitt
- Hope and Tears Ellis Island Voices by Gwenyth Swain
- Freedom Heroines: Elizabeth Cady Stanton
- A River Ran Wild By Lynne Cherry
- The Transcontinental Railroad by Gillian Houghton
- To the Golden Mountain by Lila Perl
*These mentor texts can be easily found at your public library, but may also be easily substituted with text you already have.The literature standards can be found here.
Buy ALL standards together for grades 4-6 and save money here.